Shop Like a Pro: 10 Trendy Tools for Any Pro’s Holiday Wish List
With retailers looking to clear end-of-year merchandise and capitalize on increased demand, the holidays are the perfect time for pros to revamp their toolboxes.
Whether you are a looking to drop potential gift-giving hints to friends and family or spend a newly-received gift card, there are many opportunities to take advantage of seasonal savings. Here are 10 of the most buzzed about new technologies that should be on any pro’s holiday wish list.
- DEWALT FlexVolt Series: Considering a full cordless conversion? DEWALT’s new FlexVolt product line delivers the power and efficiency of corded alternatives in a portable, versatile and cord-free design. Best of all, the interchangeable FlexVolt batteries automatically modify voltage to accommodate different tools. For instance, pros can transfer the same battery between a 60V circular saw and a 20V drill while significantly extending the runtime. You can also combine batteries to achieve 120 volts of energy on large tools like a miter saw.
- Makita 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless 2-piece Combo Kit ($229): Complete your drilling, driving and fastening tasks with less strain. Makita’s brushless and cordless combination kit features a lightweight driver-drill and impact driver (each weighing less than 2.8 pounds) that empower faster and more accurate work in traditionally hard-to-reach locations.
- Husky Tool Chest/Cabinet ($698): Since you’ll need somewhere to store all of your new tools and equipment, consider Husky’s reinforced all-in-one tool cabinet. The heavy-duty chest features 18 drawers that can hold up to 2,500 lbs., while also providing eight electrical outlets and four convenient USB charging ports for on-site repowering. And yes, the chest/cabinet also includes an attached bottle opener for on-site refreshment!
[CBC show=”y” country=”us,in”] [/CBC]
- Husky 10 Gallon Portable Air Compressor ($149): Give your light duty automotive, trim and finishing tasks a breath of fresh air with this portable, powerful compressor. Pros can quickly achieve faster and more consistent inflation (up to a max of 135 PSI) through a long-life, oil-lubricated direct drive pump.
- Milwaukee 40-Piece Shockwave Impact Duty Driver Bit Set ($19.97): Why not equip your top-of-the-line power tools with the best bits available? Milwaukee’s durable, all-inclusive 40-piece set features bits that can absorb three times more torque than comparable alternatives while reducing stripping and wobble risks. This combination creates a shelf life 30 times longer than your current bits may offer.
- Milwaukee M18 Cordless Rocket LED Stand Light ($249): With extension capabilities of up to seven feet, and backed by Milwaukee’s M18 batteries, this industrial-designed lighting solution brightens up any job site. Pros can set up the light stand in five seconds, and select from three output modes to optimize brightness (up to 2,000 Lumens) and run time for their unique work needs.
- 3M WorkTunes Digital Hearing Protector ($39.97): For the pro who likes to rock out on the job site, 3M’s new multi-functional headset delivers both safety and entertainment. AM/FM radio and MP3 device compatibility gives pros uninterrupted access to various music sources during loud projects, with a soft-padded design comfortably reducing noise exposure by up to 24 decibels.
- Bosch Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser Level ($74.97): Gather more precise measurements with Bosch’s digital level, which provides clear cross-line laser projections from up to 30 feet away. The laser level features an intuitive and ergonomic design, while a complementary belt pouch further ensures convenient transportation.
- Husky 12 Ft. Ratchet Tie Down ($13.87): Is a truck or trailer part of your everyday work routine? Consider securing your heavy-load storage with Husky’s industrial-strength tie downs. These fasteners feature a durable break strength of 1,500 pounds, and an enhanced thumb release design allows for efficient attachment and disconnection.
- Werner 22-Foot Switchback Ladder ($99.98): Reach higher with less effort. This versatile addition to Werner’s lineup combines a seven-foot stepladder and a 15-foot extension ladder into a single option. Beyond saving space and having less to carry, pros can enjoy a safer climbing experience through the ladder’s integrated bottom brace and slip-resistant steps.
– By Brock Darby, Senior Director, Pro Business, The Home Depot
Brock and his team work to improve the in-store pro customer experience. This includes improvements to companies’ products and services offerings, building strong relationships with pro customers, training, communication and driving overall value. Brock joined The Home Depot in 1989, previously holding roles as sales associate, assistant store manager, store manager, district manager and regional services manager.