Construction Podcast 38: Create a low-cost marketing-advertising plan
Andy Bergren discusses why remodelers and other contractors should write a low cost marketing-advertising plan, and what are the most important things that should be included in that plan. Bergren, who works for Group Two, a Philadephia-based agency that works exclusively with remodelers and builders, recommends the following components for a low-cost marketing-advertising plan:
- Deliver a fantastic customer experience for every client.
- Have an easy-to-navigate, clean-looking website.
- Know how to use SEO to your benefit.
- Build an internal email list and system because email is the cheapest marketing advertising tool.
- Show off your products and services at events and trade shows.
- Grow your online community through social media to drive traffic to your company’s website.
- Utilize social media advertising, such as Facebook ads, to target homeowners in certain zip codes.
- Implement a referral program.
- Educate homeowners through content marketing, which is cheaper and more effective than traditional marketing and advertising.
Finally, Bergren said that many of these things are offer high value at a low cost to your construction business.